Last week in WebKit:
CSS’ -khtml- and -apple-, and ancestorOrigins
667 commits made it into WebKit’s repository last week.
Work on Device Emulation in Web Inspector is continuing and now also supports dimension wrapping to mimic orientation changes, and a “fit to width” option which will inherit the browser window’s dimensions as the device’s resolution. Lines having a breakpoint will now show line numbers and the vertical timeline overview now shows the wall time.
Support for -khtml- and -apple- properties has been removed for some WebKit ports, including Chromium, after previous attempts failed due to compatibility issues. Background sizes are now correct if the page is zoomed out, the default box-shadow color now defaults to the element’s “color” property, the viewport-relative CSS units now work for Replaced objects (such as images) and the -webkit-image-set CSS property was enabled for the Chromium port.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- The backingStorePixelRatio property has been added to 2D Canvas contexts.
- Microsoft’s Grid Layout tests have now been integrated in WebKit as well.
- WebKit’s Microdata’s property collection implementation now features caching.
- Implementation of the Encrypted Media Extensions API started in WebKit.
- The new UI for date input types has been enabled for Chromium.
- Jocelyn Turcotte now is a WebKit Reviewer, congratulations!