Release Notes for Safari Technology Preview 87
Safari Technology Preview Release 87 is now available for download for macOS Mojave and the macOS Catalina beta. If you already have Safari Technology Preview installed, you can update in the Software Update pane of System Preferences on macOS.
This release covers WebKit revisions 246691-247047.
openDatabaseto return an empty object when WebSQL is disabled (r246707)
- Added an experimental behavior to prevent a 5 second delay for initial paint on pages that are using Google’s anti-flicker optimization when content blockers are enabled (r246764)
- Added support for sending blob messages when using web sockets platform APIs (r246964)
- Changed to set state to Closed when
show()is called during an active session (r246863)
Experimental Web Shading Language (WHLSL)
- Implemented arrays (r246875)
- Fixed incorrect clipping with
- Fixed the preview of a
<picture>element to match the element bounds (r246695)
- Made WebGPU enabled only on Mojave and later (r246888)
- Added additional demo audits for other
- Enable the Show Shadow DOM navigation item by default in the Elements tab (r246821)
- Open tabs are blank on initial launch after upgrading to Safari Technology Preview 87 and loading all tabs from the last session. To correct this behavior, reload open tabs or relaunch Safari Technology Preview.