- click the Safari (or Safari Technology Preview) menu bar item
- select Preferences… (or press
- go to the Advanced pane
- check the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox
- web content in developer provisioned applications or applications with the
To enable remote inspection on an iOS device:
- open the Settings app
- go to Safari
- scroll down to Advanced
- enable the Web Inspector toggle
Once Web Inspector is enabled, connecting the iOS device to any macOS machine, either via a physical cable or after configuring wireless debugging in Xcode, the name of the iOS device will appear as a submenu in the Develop menu of Safari (and Safari Technology Preview) on the connected macOS machine, allowing for remote inspection of:
- any page in Safari
- websites added to the home screen
- web content in developer provisioned apps
NOTE: in order to use remote inspection, Web Inspector must be enabled on the connected macOS machine.
- Automatically Show Web Inspector for JSContexts controls whether Web Inspector is automatically opened whenever a
JSContextis created by any inspectable application on the corresponding macOS machine or iOS device.
JSContexton the corresponding macOS machine or iOS device.