A total of 732 commits landed in WebKit’s repository last week.
Support for the CSS flex() function has been removed in favor of the flex property, which Tony Chang implemented and made animatable. Empty @media and @charset declarations are now being ignored, image-set updates dynamically when the device scale factor changes and syntax was updated for two CSS Exclusion functions.
Now that a user interface for color input types is available, next in line is an interface for the date and time input types. Kent Tamura has been working on implementing this, an early example of which can be seen here. Meanwhile, work has started on cleaning up and implementing support for <datalist>. The <iframe srcdoc> attribute is now also supported, allowing untrusted HTML code to leverage an iframe’s sandbox constraints.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- Both the backend and frontend for device metrics emulation in Web Inspector have been implemented.
- The BlackBerry port has added client implementations for the Battery Status and Vibration APIs.
- WebKit’s Web Intents implementation has been prefixed with the a vendor prefix.
- Microsoft’s backgrounds and border tests from the IE Test-center are now included in WebKit.
- The scroll position won’t be lost anymore after hiding and re-showing an element.