This update discusses last week’s 931 WebKit commits, up to revision 118648.
Web Inspector’s Sources Panel is no longer experimental, which intends to combine features from the Resources and Scripts panel, such as revision history. The Go to Source shortcut is now accessible from all panels, drag and drop from the Navigator Panel has been added and preparations are being made to visualize layer compositing performance on the Timeline Panel.
With the layout code landed, most of the functionality seamless iframes deliver has been implemented. The new negative flexing algorithm for the Flexible Box Module has been implemented, and automated margins on flexboxes will now allocated space in the flex and cross directions. The color CSS Property may now be used on regions. Chromium has enabled support for sub-pixel layout in WebKit.
Other changes which occurred last week:
- A setting has been added for disabling synchronous XMLHTTPRequest requests.
- John committed compile and runtime flags for Font Boosting, Chrome for Android’s text inflation algorithm.
- A setting has been added to make fixed positioning create a new layer stacking context.
- WebKit’s backface-visibility tests have been updated per the HTML5 specification.
- Carlos Garcia Campos is now a WebKit Reviewer, congratulations!