Many of you have asked for the list of WebKit bugs fixed in Safari 2.0.1.
And here’s the list:
- Fixed a bug where form submissions from a page with an XSLT stylesheet would get submitted to the next page you navigate to.
- Added support for
document.elementFromPointDOM extension from IE.
- Added support for
- Fixed a bug where
<select>elements sometimes would not update their size
- Include unconfirmed inline text input (when typing Japanese for instance) when submitting a
window.showModalDialogextension from IE.
- Support both colons and equal signs as separators for
outerHTMLto work on
window.openerto work in windows opened via targetted links rather than
- Fixed a bug where using an accesskey on a
<button>element would cause a crash.
- Fixed crash when clicking more than once on a particular like on the quirksmode.org innerHTML test page.
- Added support for loading external scripts and executing inline scripts by dynamically adding
<script>elements to the DOM.
- Fixed bug where WebKit would change ” to ‘/’ in the query part of a URL.
- Fixed bug with painting of background images when negative coordinates are included in the background-position.
- Made return key on a checkbox submit the form instead of toggling the checkbox.
- Made sure that remote Web Archive files are downloaded instead of displayed inline to plug a security hole.
- Applied standard security policy to links embedded in RTF files.
- Applied standard security policy to links embedded in PDF files.
- Fixed a parsing problem with
<script>tags that use XML-style self-closing syntax but are also followed by a close tag.
- Fixed a bug where WebKit would mistakenly trigger a full reload when following a link in some cases.
- Fixed a crash when calling
setAttributeon elements that were removed from the document.
- Made non-ASCII characters work in XHTML titles.
list-styleCSS property (accidentally broke, causing problems on alistapart.com and many other sites.
- Implemented Mozilla’s
DOMParserextension (to go along with
XMLHttpRequestwhich we already had).
importNodecreate HTML elements when used on an HTML document.
- Fixed bug where progressive loaded background images would scroll down (no, that wasn’t on purpose).
- Fixed bug where relative URL backgrounds would be wrongly shared between different pages.
- Fixed flash of unstyled content when accessing
innerHeightduring the page load (e.g. on wired.com).
- Now properly ignoring
- Fixed a race conditionwhere frames changing the location of other frames during loading could keep the other frame from getting loaded at all.
- Fixed a bug where early return from layout would prevent future layouts from happening (caused frames to come out blank sometimes).
- Fixed crash when loading an XML page that contains an element named
scriptthat’s not in the xhtml namespace.
- Fixed common crash in
removeAllEventListenerson .Mac, travelocity, abercrombie and many other sites.
- Fixed crash when ESC key is held down across a series of authentication sheets.
- Fixed crash when an element removes itself from its own
- Fixed crash when closing child windows in some cases.
nameproperty of the window object representing a frame to properly give precedence to
nameelement attribute over
- Eliminated unnecessary horizontal scrolling when focusing a text field.
String.replacemethod now works when the regular expression uses
- Made dynamic modification of the text of a