Last week in WebKit:
Out of the Shadows
Last week, the annual WebKit Contributors’ meeting was held in San Jose, and WebKittens from all over the world came to talk about all things WebKit. Transcripts from some of the sessions are available on the wiki. Because of the meeting, there was a bit less hacking than usual since people were traveling and socializing.
- Zalán enabled a minimal subset of Web Timing for the Mac port to fix a broken website.
- Antti began ripping out parts of the Shadow DOM implementation. Andreas totally helped.
- Andreas also made resize events synchronous.
- Sergio made the cursor look blocky in overtype mode.
- Dean disabled <canvas> backing store scaling on the Mac port.
- Žan made the GTK+ bots report mangled symbol names in linking failures.
- Jessie made the style checker complain about platform-related layering violations.
- Shadow DOM is no longer built by the Gtk+ and EFL ports.
- Dave optimized the deprecated flexbox because reasons.
- Darin converted a bunch of deleteAllValues() code to use OwnPtr<T> instead. Anders tried to help.
- Mikhail made HashMap<RefPtr> faster by using raw pointers for peeking and PassRefPtr for passing out.
- Christophe continued hacking and slashing in the bindings generator.
- Ryosuke unified the document-level caches of id/name => element mappings.
- Benjamin saved a few instructions in JSC math function thunks on iOS.
- Sam moved some asterisks.
- The JSC team released SunSpider 1.0. Filip blogged about it.
- Rebecca landed a script for importing W3C tests.
- Radu did a great job converting some of the regions tests from pixel tests to ref tests.